If you own a commercial buildings, then you understand what it takes to successfully operate a commercial building, and it’s not always easy. Keeping your tenants, their customers, and other building visitors happy is paramount. While cleanliness and general improvements are always important, ensuring a regulated and comfortable temperature throughout your building is very important. Temperature is key for a safe, comfortable and productive environment. This often leads to repair and maintenance of commercial air conditioning in NYC throughout the year.
If you neglect your repair needs for commercial air conditioning in NYC, then you might end up with tenants, employees and visitors that are boiling hot or freezing cold, and not comfortable at all. This isn’t only bad for business, but bad for your image and makes your building very undesirable to be a part of business landscape. If you procrastinate in taking care of air conditioner repair in NYC, you might regret it for more reasons than a few drips of sweat. Ensuring that your building remains full is important to your bottom line, so keeping everyone happy is just as important to that same bottom line.
Commercial air conditioning in NYC & repair and service can address the following common issues:
- An air conditioner that won’t turn on
- Noise or excessive vibration during startup or operation
- The unit hums, but the fan doesn’t operate
- The fan runs, but the compressor has stopped working
- The system is blowing warm air
- Pooling water around the air conditioner
Other less common commercial air conditioner repair issues can include:
- Lack of Power – Faulty wiring or tripped breakers can easily cut power to your air conditioner. Even worse, an overheated system can shut itself off to prevent damage, but that typically means bigger issues.
- Worn out fan belt – Squealing sounds indicate a worn out fan belt that could potentially snap, resulting in more expensive repairs
- Leaking Refrigerant – A hissing sound typically indicates a refrigerant leak, which is not only bad for the environment, but for the efficiency of your system.
- Frozen Evaporator Coil – Warm air exiting vents is a sure sign of a frozen evaporator coil. This can result from low refrigerant levels, poor circulation, continual operation, or other specific reasons.
- Defective Fan Motor – A properly operating fan keeps air circulating throughout your building, so when circulation is poor or nonexistent you may need a new fan motor. Repair or replacement may be necessary to fix this problem.
- Defective Compressor – If your fan is operating, but air exiting your vents feels warm, you probably have a faulty compressor. Unfortunately, compressors aren’t cheap, so rather than just guessing that it need to be replaced, it’s best to discuss your repair versus replacement options with an experienced and knowledgeable HVAC technician from American HVACR.
- Clogged Condensate Drain – Drainage problems due to algae, insects, dirt and debris creating a clog in the condensate drain over time can result in leaks and water damage. It’s important to regularly flush your system in order to prevent future clogs. Part of this process may also include applying an algaecide to your system.
Be Preventative With Air Conditioner Maintenance
While there are numerous reasons you may need a commercial air conditioner repair technician, many of them can be prevented with regular commercial air conditioner maintenance. Commercial air conditioner repair isn’t always the only option.
Scheduling an annual professional commercial air conditioner maintenance appointment helps keep your commercial air conditioner operating properly and efficiently. This can help prevent the need for emergency commercial air conditioner repair and service calls.
On top of annual professional commercial air conditioner maintenance, building owners should also perform routine maintenance tasks, such as changing air filters and cleaning their units as best they can. Our experience commercial HVAC technicians can help you understand how to properly care for your commercial HVAC unit in between maintenance appointments. Proper air conditioner maintenance extends the life of your system and keeps it operating efficiently. When your commercial air conditioner operates efficiently that means it uses less energy to operate. When your system uses less energy, you save money on your hydro bills. As a building owner you know how important it is to keep an eye on your bottom line, so when you can easily save money through simply efficiencies like this, why not take advantage of them?
Contact American HVAC Today
For more information About american HVAC professional commercial air conditioner repair and maintenance services contact us today, today.
American HVAC has been providing expert commercial air conditioner repair, installation and maintenance services throughout NYC, NJ and Westchester County, NY.